cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

StackWise 3750 switches

gene.burshteyn
Level 1
Level 1

I have a stack of 3750 switches with 12.2(25)SEE3 OS on them, i was planning on adding an additional switch that had 12.2(35)SE5 with C3750-IPSERVICES-M, so, i have downgraded it to 12.2(25)SEE3 with C3750-IPSERVICESK9-M while it was stand alon switch, not connected to the stack. Is there anything that i should do to prevent any kinds of issues since that switch is a master switch and has SW image with incription on it.

Thank you,

Gene

1 Reply 1

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

You can use the offline configuration feature to provision (to supply a configuration to) a new switch before it joins the switch stack. You can configure in advance the stack member number, the switch type, and the interfaces associated with a switch that is not currently part of the stack.

The configuration that you create on the switch stack is called the provisioned configuration. The switch that will be added to the switch stack and that receives this configuration is called the provisioned switch.

You manually create the provisioned configuration through the switch stack-member-number provision type global configuration command.

HTH

Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco