cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 cor list explanation

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

The default install of a UC520 creates two sets of cor lists. One starts with call-xxx and the other starts with user-xxx. Why two lists? Why/when would I want to use the user-xxx over the call-xxx or vice versa?

Thanks,

Diego

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

COR is a locks and keys mechanism. User-xxx are keys (incoming DP) and call-xxx are locks (outgoing DP). See for a complete explaination;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

COR is a locks and keys mechanism. User-xxx are keys (incoming DP) and call-xxx are locks (outgoing DP). See for a complete explaination;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I had to read the doc twice because for some reason the inbound/outbound/superset thing is kind of hard to grasp for me. But I think I got it.

Thanks,

Diego

Yes, when explained as the "superset" thing, it becomes hard to understand. So it's easier to think in term of keys and locks:

Incoming DP is your entry door into a building. At entry, you're are given all the keys that are in the incoming list, that in fact can be no keys at all (empty list).

To exit the building, you take an exit door (outgoing DP), and you need to have at least a key that opens one of the locks (listed in outgoing COR). If you are not allowed, you can try (rehunt) another DP with a compatible destination-pattern, a lesser preference and one key/lock match. This is why COR can also be used as a mechanism to route based on calling number (answer-address).

Finally, if either entry or exit door has no list, you're allowed anyway. This concept is crucial for reducing a COR configuration to the minimum necessary.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!