ephone dn not working

Answered Question
Mar 31st, 2008

Hi there,

This is an issue on cme. I have an ephone-dn. When it is assigned to a button, it receives calls but cannot make calls. A 'debu ephon det mac' is attached. Can some explain the debugs?

Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Kenneth Mohammed Mon, 03/31/2008 - 14:26

Is it possible you can paste the relevant parts of your configuration? Namely the configuration of your ephone-dn's and the ephones themselves.

Chuan Liu Mon, 03/31/2008 - 14:34

Here is the revelant configuration. This was working for months, and yesterday stopped working. No changes have been made to the system.

ephone-dn 10 dual-line

number 5580 secondary 099705580

preference 0 secondary 9

huntstop

no huntstop channel

call-forward busy 7989

call-forward noan 7989 timeout 15

call-waiting beep

hold-alert 30 originator

pickup-group 10

!

!

ephone 28

mac-address 0015.58CC.EA2E

type CIPC

button 1:10

multicast-moh

Always send media packets to this router: No

Preferred codec: g711ulaw

conference drop-mode never

conference add-mode all

conference admin: No

user-locale US

network-locale GB

Kenneth Mohammed Mon, 03/31/2008 - 14:41

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the IP Communicator? The config looks OK to me. If this all of a sudden stopped working, then it could be an issue with the CIPC, not really too sure.

Chuan Liu Mon, 03/31/2008 - 14:46

Hi,

I am using the Communicator to test the DN. I got the same results as with the physical phone. So it cannot be a problem on the phone. When another DN is assigned, the phone is working fine.

Kenneth Mohammed Mon, 03/31/2008 - 14:54

Are you getting a dial tone? What response do you get upon callout (busy signal, network message, etc)?

Kenneth Mohammed Mon, 03/31/2008 - 15:06

Not quite sure what could be causing the issue. Try removing the ephone-dn from the configuration, and then replacing and applying it to the ephone. You can also do a "show dial-peer voice summary" and see if you see a default dial peer with the destination pattern of 5580. I'm really just grasping at straws here. Also, one last thing, is this number on a PRI or is it a POTS line?

Chuan Liu Mon, 03/31/2008 - 15:13

Yes, the dial-peer is there on port 50/0/10.

It is on a 7912 phone directly connected to the cme.

Kenneth Mohammed Mon, 03/31/2008 - 15:15

Did you try to remove/replace the ephone-dn from the config and then try to reapply it to the ephone?

Chuan Liu Mon, 03/31/2008 - 17:58

I cannot remove this dn. An error message says

DN 10 has active call on interface 50/0/10 CH1

Cannot unconfigure

The problem might lie here. I have schedule a reload afterhours.

This used to be a pretty common problem in older versions and the

call typically could be cleared out by the "clear call voice" command after figuring out the ID.

I am now seeing it again in 12.4.24T3 unfortunately there isn't an identifiable call to clear in that release.  Happens to about 1 random phone every 1 to 2 weeks.  I think I will open a tac case on it.

bassa1985 Thu, 05/09/2013 - 17:26

Unfortunately that doesn't work for the issue on the new releases. I maintain ccme/uc500 systems across many different loads and this seems to happen on all of them from time to time. I don’t know for sure but I believe it happens if a phone is say on a call or ringing and it resets. Setting the lease time on DHCP to infinite has helped one site where I was having issues of course, I have never been able to induce the problem. I have only found 2 ways past it on newer 15+ releases.

2 options I use.

1. Since you cannot delete the “ephone-dn xx” because it is in use remove the number from it. Then create a new “ephone-dn yy” and add the number to it. Swap the DNs on the phone, end user is happy, less disruptive then a reload and a lot quicker than TAC case.
  2. Only other way I found, Reload
bassa1985 Sun, 05/12/2013 - 02:55

Hi Jeckert,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I do like option 1, which I will perform tomorrow ..

However, if this happens again, we might have to look at a reload..( we have not performed a reload before and any instructions you would provide use would be appreciated)

Thanks mate.

Actions

This Discussion