Views
Helpful
Replies

ephone dn not working

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

This is an issue on cme. I have an ephone-dn. When it is assigned to a button, it receives calls but cannot make calls. A 'debu ephon det mac' is attached. Can some explain the debugs?

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

OK..well let me know what happens.

View solution in original post

TAC found bug CSCtc01185 recommeded upgrade to 15.1(1.16)

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Is it possible you can paste the relevant parts of your configuration? Namely the configuration of your ephone-dn's and the ephones themselves.

Here is the revelant configuration. This was working for months, and yesterday stopped working. No changes have been made to the system.

ephone-dn 10 dual-line

number 5580 secondary 099705580

preference 0 secondary 9

huntstop

no huntstop channel

call-forward busy 7989

call-forward noan 7989 timeout 15

call-waiting beep

hold-alert 30 originator

pickup-group 10

!

!

ephone 28

mac-address 0015.58CC.EA2E

type CIPC

button 1:10

multicast-moh

Always send media packets to this router: No

Preferred codec: g711ulaw

conference drop-mode never

conference add-mode all

conference admin: No

user-locale US

network-locale GB

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the IP Communicator? The config looks OK to me. If this all of a sudden stopped working, then it could be an issue with the CIPC, not really too sure.

Hi,

I am using the Communicator to test the DN. I got the same results as with the physical phone. So it cannot be a problem on the phone. When another DN is assigned, the phone is working fine.

Are you getting a dial tone? What response do you get upon callout (busy signal, network message, etc)?

No tone is heard. It just hangs there.

Not quite sure what could be causing the issue. Try removing the ephone-dn from the configuration, and then replacing and applying it to the ephone. You can also do a "show dial-peer voice summary" and see if you see a default dial peer with the destination pattern of 5580. I'm really just grasping at straws here. Also, one last thing, is this number on a PRI or is it a POTS line?

Yes, the dial-peer is there on port 50/0/10.

It is on a 7912 phone directly connected to the cme.

Did you try to remove/replace the ephone-dn from the config and then try to reapply it to the ephone?

I cannot remove this dn. An error message says

DN 10 has active call on interface 50/0/10 CH1

Cannot unconfigure

The problem might lie here. I have schedule a reload afterhours.

OK..well let me know what happens.

It is working now. That might be a bug.

Thanks.

Great..glad to hear it..sounds like a voice-port may have gotten hung up..

This used to be a pretty common problem in older versions and the

call typically could be cleared out by the "clear call voice" command after figuring out the ID.

I am now seeing it again in 12.4.24T3 unfortunately there isn't an identifiable call to clear in that release.  Happens to about 1 random phone every 1 to 2 weeks.  I think I will open a tac case on it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: