Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not ping host on LAN through VPN

robdawg01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My problem is that I can connect to my office LAN via VPN and I can ping my default router there , but I can not ping any of the host machines attached to the my office's LAN. I'm thinking there may be an issue with an ACL but I have not been able to find it. I have attached my router's config> I hope some one can help.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Is it just ping that is not working? Can you rdp to the machines on your network?

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

I can ping all of the active interfaces, I can not map a network drive using the IP address. I'm not sure what you mean about rdp?

Randell

I'm still having problems with connectivity to my lan through the VPN. As I stated above I can ping the default router and all of theactive interfaces on the router, but I cannot ping or connect to any host or lan assests. I have attached an output of the remote router's config. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Although i did not go through the entire Running config throughly , I think Router is assigning Ip address to it's remote VPN Clients with same subnet as that of LAN .I had similar issue and had to provide a diffrent Range (EG 192.168.3.0/24)for Vpn clients.And obvisouly you have to modifiy access-list for VPN client to be able to talk to your LAN Devices .