cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM BE 6.0 Presence problem

victor2008
Level 1
Level 1

We are unable to see basic onhook/offhook presence information from directory lookups or missed calls. The only way we can see prescense onhook/offhook status is when we create a BLF line.

We have many 7911's and a few 7960's. Do the 7911's allow for presence?

any ideas of why BLF line on 7960 shows status but Directory and missed calles do not? All phones have been put into the same presence group, all have same partition and same CSS (for both device/line/presence subscription.

thanks in advance,

11 Replies 11

victor2008
Level 1
Level 1

any ideas?

Hi Did you manage to sort this issue, i have the same issue on a callmanager 6.1.2 install no presense on missed calls. I have it working on an earlier release of UCM with no issues.

Dave white ccie 13955

Presence capabilities for call history lists are supported for both SCCP and SIP on the following Cisco Unified IP Phones:

Cisco Unified IP Phones 7941G and 7941G-GE

Cisco Unified IP Phones 7961G and 7961G-GE

Cisco Unified IP Phones 7970G and 7971G-GE

The Cisco Unified IP Phones 7905G, 7906G, 7911G, 7912G, 7940G, and 7960G do not support presence capabilities for call history lists.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

hi i have the 7961 phones and the 7970, looked at the config on the phones and they have been added as 7961, their is also an option for 7961g ge ? is this just for the gigabit phone, or should i be adding the 7961G as a G-Ge also ?

if it's gigabit add them as G-GE

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

they are just 7961g phones not gigabit, should the 7961G be good for presense.

it's on the list of supported phoned i already posted

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

must be an other issue then, maybe a tac call. Can you think of anything else it may be.

have you enabled the Enterprise Parameter "BLF For Call Lists"?

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

i have enabled this parameter and reste all the phones in the cluster. Still no BLF for call lists. I have created a presense group and put all phones in it. The suscribe calling search space is set to a CSS that allows access to all partitions and phones.

Thanx for posting this info as you just saved me several hours of research. But I am curious, where is this info posted on CCO? I was looking at the Cisco Unified IP Phone Administration Guide for Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 (SCCP) Cisco Unified IP Phones 7960G/7940G, and at the top of page 5-12 it says: Presence-enabled directories - Allows a user to monitor the call state of

another directory number (DN) listed in call

logs, speed-dials, and corporate directories.

The Busy Lamp Field (BLF) for the DN

displays the call state.

Am I reading this correctly that the 7940/60 phones can display BLF for call logs and corporate directories? Or is it old info?

Thanx for you help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: