Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Call Manager CSS Issue

erwin.stevanus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue dialling external number as a label in IPCC. It doesn't seem to work eventhough we have assigned enough CSS priviledge to the Route Point if we call from pstn.

Here is my setup.

1. IPCC 7.1.5 with Call Manager 5.0

2. I have created Route Point 50000 with CSS_Mobile priviledge (should be able to call external number, including mobile number).

3. I created a simple script in IPCC and return a label to external number.

When I call the number internally from any ext it's working fine and the call get redirected to the external number.

However when I call the RP 50000 from external (example from my mobile), It doesn't work.

I've check the logs and what seems to happen is that the ICM returns a correct label to the Call Manager to call however on the 2nd scenario it's trying to use the Calling Party (my mobile) permission instead of the RoutePoint permission and hence it failed.

I had to create a route pattern in the Call Manager in order to allow anyone to call to these external number.

Is this how it's normally done or do I miss some configuration on the Call Manager?

Regards

Erwin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The default behavior is to use the calling device's CSS for the redirected calls. In your case it sounds like you want to use the redirecting device's CSS. I haven't tried this myself but I believe you will need to change the following registry entry on your PGs. You will want to use option 2 (ROUTEADDRESS_SEARCH_SPACE).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco

Systems,Inc.\ICM\IPCCL\PG1B\PG\CurrentVersion\JGWS\jgw1\JGWData\Dynamic

"UseRouteAddressSearchSpace"=dword:00000000

- Used to control behavior on CTI Route Points for Route Selects.

UseRouteAddressSearchSpace can be to set 0, 1, or 2 where :

DEFAULT_SEARCH_SPACE = 0

CALLINGADDRESS_SEARCH_SPACE = 1

ROUTEADDRESS_SEARCH_SPACE = 2

Kevin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The default behavior is to use the calling device's CSS for the redirected calls. In your case it sounds like you want to use the redirecting device's CSS. I haven't tried this myself but I believe you will need to change the following registry entry on your PGs. You will want to use option 2 (ROUTEADDRESS_SEARCH_SPACE).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco

Systems,Inc.\ICM\IPCCL\PG1B\PG\CurrentVersion\JGWS\jgw1\JGWData\Dynamic

"UseRouteAddressSearchSpace"=dword:00000000

- Used to control behavior on CTI Route Points for Route Selects.

UseRouteAddressSearchSpace can be to set 0, 1, or 2 where :

DEFAULT_SEARCH_SPACE = 0

CALLINGADDRESS_SEARCH_SPACE = 1

ROUTEADDRESS_SEARCH_SPACE = 2

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for that. I will certainly try this and let you know the result.

Thanks again for the reply

Regards

Erwin

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your help. I have tested this and it's working as per your recommendation.

Thanks again!

Erwin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: