Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook 2007 and Encryption plugin

I have just installed the version 6.3.0 plugin for Outlook on an XP machine with Office 2007. I can find the Add-In in the Send mail window, but it does not change the subject line or activate any other detectable changes. Anyone else trying this?

8 Replies 8

jaigill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 'Send Secure' button should be under the 'Add-In' tab. Is the email just delivered without subject modification or is it not sent out at all?

The Send Secure is there under the Add-In tab. When clicked, it appears that nothing happens - no subject modification, not sent at all. I discussed the issue with Ironport Support and they told me that the plug-in is not compatible with Office 2007. A compatible version should be available early next year.

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I discussed the issue with Ironport Support and they told me that the plug-in is not compatible with Office 2007.  A compatible version should be available early next year.

I suspect they were confused about which plug-in you were talking about. Version 6.3.0 of the "Desktop Flag Plug-in" does support Outlook 2007, and this is specifically stated in the release notes.

========================================================= 
II. Supported Email Clients
=========================================================

Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2007 with all Service
Packs released in year 2004, 2005 and 2006

The version from the .msi I installed is DS-6.3.0-009. Any ideas on why it is not working? I can try support again I guess, but would also be interested if you have any other information. Thank you for your assistance!

Jason Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed the plugin for testing on an Outlook 2007 client and am seeing the same thing.

Outlook 2007 version: 12.0.6316.50000 SP1 MSO 12.0.6320.5000
IronPort Plugin Version: DS-6.3.0-009

I have the Send Secure button in the Add-Ins menu. After typing up an e-mail and ready to send. Click the Send Secure button and nothing happens. Click the Send button and the e-mail goes out normally, no encryption.

I am having the same problem. Did anyone find how to correct the problem? thanks,
mike

Starla Rivers
Level 1
Level 1

Did anyone ever get a fix from IronPort on the issue where the plug-in is installed in Outlook2007 - yes, we can find it under AddIns - but there is no response when you click the button? I spent an hour on the phone with support last Friday trying to convince them there was a problem so it's like they never heard of this before, contrary to these postings.

The button works on most of my very limited 2007 installs and the only difference I can see is that the machines where the button does not work have additional Exchange entries in the registry. Needless to say, these are IS machines but I'm afraid to roll out to the enterprise until I understand the issue.

Starla Rivers
Level 1
Level 1

The Send Secure Plug-in for Outlook 2007 (6.3.0) doesn't work on workstations running Microsoft's Exchange System Manager (ESM) due to a conflict with a required version of mapi32.dll which is deployed as part of ESM installation.

Defect number 7307 has been filed for the issue you have encountered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: