cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Service doesn't start

Abhijit.Das
Level 1
Level 1

We are running Unity 4.0(3) with Exchnage5.5.

Problem is we are unable to access Unity Admin web-page. On the right-hand side of the system tray I saw the message "Unity Stopped" which means that Unity Service has stopped. Tried restarting the service ( " Start Unity ) , didn't work out.

Does a server reboot have any chance of fixing this? Or do we have to re-install Unity?

When I try to access Unity Admin page the error is :

Server.CreateObject(AvSaLocalization.AvSaLocalization.1) failed.

This is most likely an error with a DLL, probably AvSaLocalizationSvr.dll or perhaps AvSaLocaleInfoSvr.dll.

Check that these files are present, and registered with REGSVR32.

Also be sure that the appropriate MsgStoreRes.dll file is present. - present in Commserver folder....

All .dll files are present in CommServer folder. I don't know how to check the registration with REGSVR32.

Can anyone please suggest something?

3 Replies 3

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

What do you see in your Event Viewer? the most common issue I see with Unity not starting is disk space. Check and see how much available disk space you have and if there are any errors in the logs.

Here is a link on the process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008075ba49.shtml

Matt,

I resolved the issue by restarting services like AvMsgStoreMonitorSvr, AvCsMgr etc. After that Unity service ( on Unity tray) came up on it's own.

Thanks for your interest & new insight into the issue however, it might help me in future.

Have a nice day & take care.

Regards,

Abhijit Das.

Hi,

I am unable to restart the unity. Have done many times to start the AVCsMgr but saying there is an error. Have done reboot and restart many times but still unsuccessful. Do you have any suggestions ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: