Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4500 new Release 12.2(44)SG

s.leyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

after installing the new IOS release on a Catalyst 4500 and 4500-E I'm not able anymore to establish a connection per telnet or per console with a local username. The login is invald. Username and password are only accepted per ssh. Any hints ?

Regards

Silvia

7 Replies 7

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

Kindly do the "set trace ssh 4" and connect yourself to the console and see the output there and then send that off to me...

And also installing the old IOS and try find everingthing are working fine or not. If it is fine than reinstal the new IOS again and try to establish connection.

"set trace ssh 4" is a CatOS command. I can't find a corresponding IOS command. "debug ssh" ist unknown.

When the IOS Version 12.2(40)SG is loaded, local username & password are the accepted on the console and via telnet.

After reloading IOS 12.2(44)SG both connections are refused, "Login invalid". The configuration wasn't changed.

Did you ever find a "fix" for this problem?

I setup aaa new-model w/login default local

then set the line vty 0 4 for login authentication default

but my usernames are set for privilege level 15 and the ios brings me to a ">" prompt???

I set the vty 0 4 for pri 15 but I don't like doing that.

Sounding line it's time for a TAC case...

No, I don't have a fix. I've opened a service request.

What was the response from TAC?

Waiting for new release 12.2(46)SG

I was hit by this same issue, as we have been using "no aaa new-model" in all our Cisco gear except some ancient modem servers.

Adding following lines to the config of our 4948-10G switches logging in seems to be working as before:

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login default local line

aaa authentication enable default enable

aaa authorization exec default local if-authenticated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card