Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 6211XM Hangs After bootup

microcisconet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please i have this 2611XM fully loaded 256/32, yet it boots normally and all of a sudden just hangs at the following stage. When enter is pressed to aid my accessing the router it doesn't respond thereafter.

Here is the output:

Technical Support:http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2007 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 24-Jan-07 16:48 by ccai

*Mar 1 00:00:32.480: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host Router6 is undergoing a cold start

Please help me out,

Thank you

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does it boot with console disconnected ? If so check you terminal pinout and possibly redo it using TX and RX only.

Hello,

First in the initial post i mean to Router 2611XM and not 62, i though if that exist though.

To your question, yes it boots with the console connected. What do you mean by " terminal pinout and possibly redo it using TX and RX only".

Kindly explain better please. Meanwhile the same console work well when connected to other systems.

Thank you

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

First of all, I know it sounds silly, but did you wait enough time? The 2611XM take an incredible amount of time to get loaded. I have a stack of them in my lab, and I usually reckon on having to switch them on at least 6 minutes before I need to use them.

I recently had a 2611XM that hung whenever it booted. Believe it or not it was something in the configuration. In this case, it was a particular invalid IPv6 NAT-PT configuration I was testing. I have had other cases where the router hangs for other config reasons.

I got out of it by doing a password recovery procedure - sending a break to it while it is booting. When I asked it to ignore the NVRAM, it booted OK. Strangely, it was quite happy then for me to copy start run, but it wouldn't boot with the config in the start file.

So ... try waiting at least five minutes. If that does not work, try a password recovery procedure.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card