Video Training

Unanswered Question
Apr 1st, 2008

Trainsignal? cbt nuggets or even the ones from routersim... anyone tried any of these dvd's and liked/disliked them? i know the best way is to study the books and get real lab time, but i want to use one of these dvd's to add to my reading. sometimes having it instructed to you just let it sink in better. any of those 3 you have tried and your thoughts would be great, or any of video training you have tried... thanks in advance!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (10 ratings)

Hi There

I have used the Trainsignal CBT's for my CCNA and am currently using them for my CCNP. I use then along with the Authorised self study guides, Lab protfolios from Cisco Press nad my home lab and have found them quite good.

I have also seen one of the CBT Nugget CBT's which also looked quite good.

Best Regard,

Michael

arielfire Tue, 04/01/2008 - 18:48

thanks, yeah i have watched the demo's of both and was learning a bit toward the nuggets one. wanted to see if anyone had tried the lammle dvd's or the routersim dvd's as well. anyone? :)

knowaboa555 Mon, 04/07/2008 - 22:49

The routersim dvd was useful, more straightforward than the manual, at least for cisual learners like myself. enjoy :)

Urfan Khaliq Thu, 04/10/2008 - 18:28

I used the CBT nuggets for my CCNA and found them very very usefful, I am using the trainsignal for my BSCI however I would want to use CBT but cant find them n e where to download ;-0

s.conway Sun, 04/13/2008 - 18:22

They may not cover the material in depth enough for everyone, but you can get many Cisco tutorial PodCasts for free on iTunes. I've used a few of them and found them helpful. Did I mention free?

Sean

Urfan Khaliq Sun, 04/13/2008 - 23:23

aaah podcasts! i never thought of them although i was always after an audio book for my CCNA! can you name or direct me towards some BSCI podcasts?

Ibbywannit Mon, 04/14/2008 - 03:30

I found trainsignal videos excellent for BSCI until i got to BGP. Then it was time to re-read the CNAP, watch CBT nuggets and THEN watch trainsignal (phew!). There's a lot of information there, but i think if you read first to get a basic grasp and then watch the videos to see it implemented that should do it.

Actions

This Discussion