Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Path selection

cindylee27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have this scenario.

- THere is 1 MEtro E 10M line connected to C4506 Switch From REmote A to Remote B.

- THere is this router 7206 connected to C4506 Switch and having ATM Connection to Remote B.

Diagram as below:

Remote B ---ATM--- 7206 -sub-interface(gi0/0)---> 4506 ---10M ----back to Remote B.

The problem is ..

I need to transfer the 10M line to 7206 and having problem on the Eigrp path selection. I created a sub-interface gi0/0.1 and put in the IP address but the eigrp doesn;t want to take route to the Core Switch. IT keeps on going to ATM connection.

Hope I am not confusing,if you need more details let me know.

Thanks.

cindy.

So, after I put in my

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cindy

It looks like you started some additional explanation but did not complete it. I do not know what it might have been. But my first guess at the cause of your issue is that the bandwidth of the ATM connection looks better and so EIGRP chooses it. You might consider either configuring a bandwidth statement on one or both interfaces to make the 10M look better, or even better would be to configure a delay parameter on the ATM to make it less attractive to EIGRP. It might take a little experimentation to find the right amount of delay. If you look at the output of show ip eigrp topology to see the entries over both links it might give you a start on figuring how to adjust.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

Thanks for your reply.

It is actually the no passive-interface thinggy.. :)

I overlooked on this and now solved already.

As I thought that if gi0/1 is applied, the sub-interface will also be applied, but NOT that case.

Thanks again.

Cindy

Thank you for posting back to the forum and indicating how you solved this issue. passive/no passive interface issues are not as obvious as some of the things that I was thinking but they certainly explain the issue.

Congratulations on getting it worked out.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card