Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy Line Issue

islam.irshaid
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I need your help to solve some Busy Line issue, the pig issue here is when anyone call a busy line, he will not know if the called number is busy or not.

So could you please tell me if I can solve this issue? of course I know that I can put the Busy Trigger = 1, but I need the called busy person to see who is trying to call him.

Regards

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Islam,

This is a question that we have all probably been asked by our users from time to time. The truth is you can't have it both ways :( If you allow the Called Party to know that a second call is coming in (via a second line Call Waiting or Busy Trigger 2) the Calling Party always receives "ringback" and does not know that the Called Party is already on a call. If you set the Busy Trigger at 1 then the Called Party doesn't know that a second call has been attempted. There is no way around this dilemma, so you have to choose one or the other. What many people do is set the Busy Trigger at 1 but use the "Busy Greeting" on Unity or most other VM systems to play out "I am on another call" type greeting so that both people know about the availability.

In the new Presence configurations you can see if your co-workers are available but it doesn't sound like you have this quite yet.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks to you rob

To address this exact request from an account that was crucifixing me, I wrote a tcl/ivr script for the CME, that announces the called party is busy while forwarding the call on an auxiliary ephone-dn.

Then, that wasn't enough for them, they wanted the service to be active for internal calls only. In other words, they didn't wanted external callers to know the actual status of an extension. To address that I added a number pattern so that there is control for which callers the announcement is given. I'm under the impression that the same result could be accomplished using COR (CME) or CSS/partitions (CM), but did not explore that further.

The script is 90% working and debugged now, I can post again here once is complete, thing that I hope will be soon.

Nice,sure this will help us

Thanks

We have the exact same request here for CM 6.1. We have Presence installed as well, but are working towards using the MOC client. Only problem there is that our users don't list all users in MOC that they would call.

TAC suggests using the BLF function. "Enable enterprise parameter for BLF on calling list and directory. Then educate the users that if the calling party does not answer the call then they can go back to the call history on the phone and see the phone status. It takes four key strokes to reach the 'place calls menu'."

4 key strokes? No way...

It sounds like your script would do the trick for us. I'd be thrilled to test it out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: