What is a "Lolipop Configuration"?

Unanswered Question
Martin Parry Tue, 04/01/2008 - 06:26
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I am not familiar with the term lolipop configuration, do you have a context with which this came up? Are you refering to router on a stick?

Martin

Danilo Dy Tue, 04/01/2008 - 06:57
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Hi,

There are many use for the term "lollipop configuration", it is used in engineering, automotives, medical, etc. They refer to the lollipop shape, also to its sweetness (in the other end of the stick).

Depends on how or which specific configuration that person is referring to.

I think if the person is referring to some physical/logical setup/connection/appearance/diagram, it might be referring to the shape.

Try not to use this term in IT as it's not a common term used in IT. People might misinterpret you :)

Regards,

Dandy

lamav Tue, 04/01/2008 - 08:33
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

A lollipop config?

I hate to say it, dude, but I think your colleague is trying to make an 'all-day sucker' out of you. :-)

Kevin Dorrell Tue, 04/01/2008 - 08:43
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

It may be a special configuration applicable only on 1st April ;-) I would go for "router on a stick".

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

marikakis Tue, 04/01/2008 - 11:09
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hello,

LOL guys! :-)

Check out how can Radware's Cache Server Director (CSD) be deployed:

http://www.radware.co.il/content/solutions/content-services/faq/default.asp#210

It follows similar logic with the already mentioned "router on a stick" (various types of traffic through same physical port) concept :-)

Kind Regards,

M.

p.s. Now, if your colleague goes on and later mentions the "One Leg" configuration, you will now beforehand whose leg he is pulling! :-)

Actions

This Discussion