- Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
Cisco Designated VIP,
2017 IP Telephony
I have a requirement to inform callers the number their call is in the queue.
How do I set this up in IPCC...ver 5.0
As with anything else within UCCX, there are a couple ways to build this out. Here's how I do it for customers:
1) Use the Get Reporting Statistic Java bean to assign the following to a variable:
Field: Position in Queue
Row Identifier: [Variable containing the CSQ you want to get position on]
Result Statistic: [Variable to assign the result to.]
2) Use a Create Generated Prompt to create an Ordinal prompt based on the output variable from step one.
3) Use a Create Container Prompt to concatenate the parts of your prompt together.
Example: "You are the first caller in queue" would actually be three separate prompts. "You are the" and "caller in queue" are two WAV files. The position was generated in step two above.
Add the variables (in order) containing your first WAV file, the generated prompt, and the second WAV file.
4) Use a Play Prompt step to play the output variable from the Create Container Prompt step.
Lastly, use care where you place the Get Reporting Statistic. You should place this inside the loop of your Queue branch of the Select Resource step. If you don't, the position in queue will never get updated!