cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I setup a script with " Your call is number 1,2,3 in the queue"

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a requirement to inform callers the number their call is in the queue.

How do I set this up in IPCC...ver 5.0

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello-

As with anything else within UCCX, there are a couple ways to build this out. Here's how I do it for customers:

1) Use the Get Reporting Statistic Java bean to assign the following to a variable:

Field: Position in Queue

Row Identifier: [Variable containing the CSQ you want to get position on]

Result Statistic: [Variable to assign the result to.]

2) Use a Create Generated Prompt to create an Ordinal prompt based on the output variable from step one.

3) Use a Create Container Prompt to concatenate the parts of your prompt together.

Example: "You are the first caller in queue" would actually be three separate prompts. "You are the" and "caller in queue" are two WAV files. The position was generated in step two above.

Add the variables (in order) containing your first WAV file, the generated prompt, and the second WAV file.

4) Use a Play Prompt step to play the output variable from the Create Container Prompt step.

Lastly, use care where you place the Get Reporting Statistic. You should place this inside the loop of your Queue branch of the Select Resource step. If you don't, the position in queue will never get updated!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello-

As with anything else within UCCX, there are a couple ways to build this out. Here's how I do it for customers:

1) Use the Get Reporting Statistic Java bean to assign the following to a variable:

Field: Position in Queue

Row Identifier: [Variable containing the CSQ you want to get position on]

Result Statistic: [Variable to assign the result to.]

2) Use a Create Generated Prompt to create an Ordinal prompt based on the output variable from step one.

3) Use a Create Container Prompt to concatenate the parts of your prompt together.

Example: "You are the first caller in queue" would actually be three separate prompts. "You are the" and "caller in queue" are two WAV files. The position was generated in step two above.

Add the variables (in order) containing your first WAV file, the generated prompt, and the second WAV file.

4) Use a Play Prompt step to play the output variable from the Create Container Prompt step.

Lastly, use care where you place the Get Reporting Statistic. You should place this inside the loop of your Queue branch of the Select Resource step. If you don't, the position in queue will never get updated!

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I am trying to set this up now and I am having challenges placing the step and prompts in the right place.

Can you please send me a sample script which contains the steps you have used to achieve this..

Many thanks

Excellent!

This worked on first go!

Unbelievable, I am aboslutely thrilled!!!

Thank you

Can you post the script?

Matt

Hi,

Here is the script

Thanks guys,

Matt

Thanks for the script snippet. Is it normal for it to give negative numbers

example: Your negative One in the queue

casey1hunter
Level 1
Level 1

Great Thread Guys,

One question.  Did you have to record your own "your call is the"  and "caller in queue" prompts or are those default prompts on the system.  I have looked but can't seem to find them on the system.

thanks,

Yes that is right you'll need to record these two prompts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: