Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peer problem Version 2

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

Paulo,

In regards to earlier international dial-peer (011T) - 011 is not being sent accross PRI.

Still not working. I have tried to "prefix" 0ll which you know didn't work, and I also tried no-digit strip, but the sending gateway only "sends" anything after 011.

Can you give me some suggestions on what else I can do to resolve?

thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

From my understanding this is the expected behavior with the 4ess switch type. For this switch type numbers leading with 011 are treated as international and, as per the standard, the international code (011) is stripped from the Setup message.

The workaround is to use "prefix 011011". The leading 011 will be stripped and the remaining will be apart of the Setup message.

Kevin

View solution in original post

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

The command for having the gateway strip the 011 and telling the 5ESS that the call is international is config'd under the interface 0:23.

The command is:

isdn map address ^ 011.* plan isdn type international

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Include here your complete DP config.

Attached are both the head end and the far end gateway. I have CME running as the far side gateway (setup is back to back PRI). All route patterns to CME work fine, it's just the 011T pattern that does not.

Again, I have tried prefix 011 then no-digit strip, but debug q931 and debug voip dialpeer reveals 011 is not sent accross the wire.

On Callmanager, the Head End gateway is setup as h323. on the 011! dial peer I am stripping the 9 before it gets sent to the gateway.

thanks for you help.

Here is the attachments, one more to come.

Far End debug attachments.

From my understanding this is the expected behavior with the 4ess switch type. For this switch type numbers leading with 011 are treated as international and, as per the standard, the international code (011) is stripped from the Setup message.

The workaround is to use "prefix 011011". The leading 011 will be stripped and the remaining will be apart of the Setup message.

Kevin

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

The command for having the gateway strip the 011 and telling the 5ESS that the call is international is config'd under the interface 0:23.

The command is:

isdn map address ^ 011.* plan isdn type international

I don't see that statement under 0/0/0:23. Is this something that "should" be there under normal circumstances?

While I have a CME on the other side for testing, i'm cutting this over to real PRI shortly.

thanks Paolo.

thanks to all. got it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: