VPN Client - Vista SP1

Unanswered Question
Apr 1st, 2008

Cisco VPN client v stopped working after installing Vista SP1. I uninstalled the VPN software, and cannot get it to reinstall. The process is hung up on "Installing the Deterministic Network Enhancer". The process dne2000.exe also with the system process has the machine pegged at 100% CPU. I have to forcibly shut down the machine, reboot, and then revert to a restore point.

Help? Anyone else have this problem? Any info or ideas greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
williadp42 Wed, 04/02/2008 - 06:24

Hi Jorge, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my client is picky about the versions used and 5106 is the only version available.

After many attempts I was finally successful in getting the client to install, found the answer on a Microsoft TechNet forum. I'll post here in case anyone else runs into this.

There is a cleanup utility and an upgrade of the DNE adapter available from Deterministic Networks.

Seems they have been bought out by Citrix but were kind enough to leave this page up and provide access to the clean up stuff. Lifesaver!

JORGE RODRIGUEZ Wed, 04/02/2008 - 08:04

Dina, thanks for sharing the information , it is good for others to reference should they have similar issues.

Bst Rgds

This Discussion