cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

a problem with Tomcat in LMS 3.0.1

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

The customer has installed LMS 3.0.1 on two servers. One server is DCR master, the second is DCR slave. There are about 1000 devices in the DCR. Sometimes the LMS crashes and the customer has to restart LMS server. In event log are messages about a problem with Tomcat. Do you have some experience with this problem? Thank you.

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the message with regards to tomcat?

Do you see any error messages in the stdout.log found in NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs?

Hi,

I have the following message:

The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 logs.

I will ask my customer about an output from stdout.log.

Hi,

I'm sending you the error messages from stdout.log. There are a lot of error messages about thread.See:

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

[Tue Apr 01 13:47:16 CEST 2008] Nested exception during invocation of receiveInitialCMFSessionData on the target com.cisco.core.mice.util.CMFExternal : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

[Tue Apr 01 13:47:16 CEST 2008] unable to create new native thread

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

[Tue Apr 01 13:46:45 CEST 2008] ---- throwable is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

[Tue Apr 01 13:46:45 CEST 2008] ---- throwable message is unable to create new native thread

[Tue Apr 01 13:46:45 CEST 2008] ---- throwable local message is unable to create new native thread

[Tue Apr 01 13:46:45 CEST 2008] ---- throwable stack is

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:574)

Thank you