Views
Helpful
Replies

manually entered device

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

how manually entered device on LMS 2.6?

we have lmited licence so we turned of auto dicsovery. we only wants added important device on ciscoworks. like router and switches not access point like that.please any advice I'm new.

thank you in advance for great people on this forum.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management and click the Add button. Fill in all of the required fields.

jclarke thank you so much!!! you are always there for us!!! one more question. how could I find our cisoworks account number. to find out licence detail. and wich number I can use to talk cisco rep. for our software. like to check contract maintainance or upgrade stauff like that. the person working on this isuue left the company with out much information. thanks

You should call TAC and speak with the licensing or entitlement teams (probably entitlement). They should be able to help you out.

thanks, have quick question, the device add manually not show up on topology services. should I need to do something? thanks again.

You will need to run a new Campus Data Collection after adding the device to DCR. If you have configured any Data Collection filters, make sure that they allow this device to be managed by Campus Manager.

when added manually, asking for enter standard credential. what is that. use any user name and password? router login password.there is credential password on other devices since the old admin left did not know the password. or either any way to recover or reset the new one.

thanks

You need to use the username and password that you normally use to login to the device via telnet or SSH. If you do not need a username, leave that field empty.

If you need to recover the password on the device, consult the password recovery guides on Cisco.com:

http://tools.cisco.com/search/JSP/search-results.get?isFormSubmit=true&strqueryid=&strCountry=US&strQueryLanguage=en&websessionid=&strCurrentSimilarSearchBreadCrumb=&strCurrentSelectedModifierValues=&strQueryText=password+recovery

Many thanks!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: