CCNP - Routing or Switching ?

Unanswered Question
Apr 1st, 2008

Hi,

luckily my Co is paying for a semester at a Cisco Acadamy for me. I have my CCNA, but do I start with routing or switching on the CCNP? As this will probably be the only semester I will do, shall I go with the routing as I think this may be the more difficult of the two ?..any comments would be welcome!

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Istvan_Rabai Tue, 04/01/2008 - 13:28

Hi Paul,

It depends on which knowledge you would utilize the most.

Anyway you're right, the routing study material seems to be more complicated than switching.

If you are good at routing, you will understand switching easier. This is my personal observation.

Cheers:

Istvan

moorlander Wed, 04/02/2008 - 01:01

Thanks for the reply. to be honest I do not know which I would utilize the most as I am not working as a Cisco/network admin at the moment. looking a the CCNP course I think I would perhaps struggle more with the routing, but enjoy the switching more. I just need to take advantage of this course, making use of the help & support on tap. if being good at routing makes switching easier thats great!

alan.blake Wed, 04/02/2008 - 04:53

Routing is the more "challenging" shall we say than switching but routing is by far the most used in the workplace due to its interoperability.

If you have that much course material/tuition/exposure with an academy then you would be best suited to take the difficult module rather than the easy one would you not?

uday.chennupati Wed, 04/16/2008 - 01:00

Yes I agree with people who posted that Routing is more challenging and switching is intersting.

Actions

This Discussion