CCENT - Review Questions

Answered Question
Apr 1st, 2008

I am currently studying to take the CCENT - 640-822 ICND1 exam. I am reading the following book "Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part I" Second Edition by Steve McQuerry.

I read and answered the review questions from chapter two and there are several I do not agree with, for example:

5. Which three factors are typical causes of network congestion? (Choose three.)

a. high-bandwidth applications

b. many network segments

c. increasing volume of network traffic

d. more powerful computer and network technologies

e. few network segments

f. greater distances for LANs

I think the correct answers are A, C, E. The Cisco ICND1 module 1 review questions gives the correct answers as A, C, D.

6. What are three characteristics of a bridge? (Choose three.)

a. Bridges forward but do not filter data frames between LAN segments.

b. Bridges maintain MAC address tables.

c. Bridges are more “intelligent” than hubs.

d. Bridges can buffer and forward frames between two or more LAN segments.

e. Bridges create fewer collision domains.

f. Bridges operate at Layer 3 of the OSI model.

I think the correct answers are: B, C, D. The book gives the correct answers as B, D, E.

17. Upon initial installation of a Cisco switch or router, the network administrator typically configures the networking devices from a _____.

a. CD-ROM

b. TFTP server

c. console terminal

d. modem connection

I think the correct answer is C. The book shows B as the correct answer.

23. Match each of the following steps of the physical Catalyst switch startup process to its

description.

___ Step 1

___ Step 2

___ Step 3

a. Attach the power cable plug to the switch power supply socket.

b. Observe the boot sequence, including the Cisco IOS Software output text on the

console.

c. Verify that all cable connections are secure, the terminal is connected to the console port, and the console terminal application is selected.

I think the correct answers are C, A, B. The book shows A, B, C to be the correct answers.

Correct Answer by aaronfb717 about 8 years 10 months ago

Questions 6, 17 and 23 have been corected by the book errata posted over at Cisco Press.

http://www.ciscopress.com/content/images/9781587054624/Errata/1587054620%20-%20Errata.doc

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
azore2007 Tue, 04/01/2008 - 13:33

Hi

I have done some ICND1 Modules and actually got different answers on a question (wifi question) and some other answers are really suspicious.

I think your right on all answers, but question 17 is "answer C" in my official ICND1 book(newest one)

Actions

This Discussion