cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MFC not working

asw_26_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I have been trying to logon to MFC all morning, I am able to put in the username and password, but then it just sits there and does nothing. I bounce the server it resides on and try again...it lets me in, I click to access another page and it then freezes again. I Then login and am back to square 1 again! Any ideas?

11 Replies 11

pvdberg00
Level 1
Level 1

I think your MFC is busy purging old data. Can you tell me what the size of the database is? What version of aSyncOS are you using? If you run version 6 you can do on the box tracking. If you also have a M-Series machine you can track messages on that machine.

Peter.

asw_26_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, we are running C-series IronPorts with AsyncOS 5.5. the ibdata1 is currently at 15,728,640. (I take it that is the Db!?)

we actually use a rather powerful intel server to perform mfc.

8G ram, win2k3 64bit server. ibm x3650.

we keep 3 months of data.

pvdberg00
Level 1
Level 1

The best is to upgrade to V6. In this version you can do on the box reporting and tracking. If you use several C-Series it is handy to investigate in a M-Serie machine to do centralized message tracking/reporting and spam quarantine.

Peter.

asw_26_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

How much does the reporting and tracking in V6 compare to MFC?
Any recommendations before upgrading? We have only just got these updated C-series appliances so doubt we can get M series just yet!

pvdberg00
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade to the latest available version (in our case 6.1 build 301). Enable message tracking and reporting local. As far as I have seen all is present on the box even the blocked connections.

Peter.

asw_26_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I may well do this upgrade then, sounds like a good plan! So basically it will have the same functions as MFC?
Our Appliances are in a cluster.....do you know what the upgrade process for this would be? Thanks for your help.

pvdberg00
Level 1
Level 1

You can do a normal upgrade (disconnect before the upgrade). After you have upgraded all machines you can connect again. You have to do the tracking on each machine (only the M-Serie will put all together)

Peter

asw_26_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Nice one cheers! Have you got any datasheets on asyncOS 6, I am unable to find any info on it.

pvdberg00
Level 1
Level 1

I think you can find the release notes and the admin on the support portal. If this version is not yet released for your machines I think it will be released for you at the end of this month (you can ask your sales representative or support).
The mailtracking is allready in 6.0 so this documentation will be enough for this feature.

Peter.

Rayman_Jr
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately I have to stick with MFC for a while as I can't generate domain specific reports from M600 with 6.1 AsyncOS.

I really wish that domain specific reports are implemented soon...

Otherwise AsyncOS 6.1 message tracking rocks ! It's pretty fast and very useful for HelpDesk to track some individual messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: