Mac address report

jouellet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I with Ciscoworks, make a report like:

"switchport that have more than x MAC adresses"

or "switchport without voice vlan that have more than x MAC adresses "

The purpose is to track rogue non-Cisco hubs and switches on my lan/man. I can do it by hand with sh mac-address-table interface but its time consuming.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In LMS 2.6 or 3.0, you can go to Campus Manager > User Tracking > Reports > Report Generator > Duplicates, and run the Ports with multiple MACs report. However, in 3.0 this report is currently plagued by bug CSCsm97643 which will cause false positives. This bug will be fixed in CM 5.0.3.

We are also looking at adding some more rogue MAC detection reports into the next release of LMS.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In LMS 2.6 or 3.0, you can go to Campus Manager > User Tracking > Reports > Report Generator > Duplicates, and run the Ports with multiple MACs report. However, in 3.0 this report is currently plagued by bug CSCsm97643 which will cause false positives. This bug will be fixed in CM 5.0.3.

We are also looking at adding some more rogue MAC detection reports into the next release of LMS.

Thanks,

I will save a lot of time!!!

unable to find this report in LMS 3.0.1 possible in deiiferent location?

found it my bad.

The Duplicate MAC report is found under Campus Manager > User Tracking > Reports > Report Generator > Duplicates in LMS 3.x.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: