cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 2.6

mario.tello
Level 1
Level 1

I have CW LMS 2.6 and I want monitoring my network with the CW.The CW send me a lot of messages that I don't need.In this moment I only need CW send me 1 message when a device up or when a device down, but in the message that the CW send me should have only :

-device's ip

-device's name

-device's state

-device's model

-device's location

Regards,

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you're using DFM to generate email messages about device state. If so, you can restrict the number and type of email messages being sent, but you will not be able to adjust the format or content of the messages.

If all you are about are messages which indicate if a device is up or down, go to DFM > Notification Services > Event Sets, and check the box next to OperationallyDown under the 'A' column. Then go to DFM > Notification Services > Notification Groups and create a new group. Select the devices for which you wish to receive notifications, and check the Critical and Information boxes under Event Severity, and check the Active and Cleared boxes under Event Status. Select A from the Event Set pull-down. Then complete the wizard.

Finally, go to DFM > Notification Services > E-Mail Notification, and add a subscription to your newly created Notification Group.

You should now only receive emails when a device generates an OperationallyDown event, and when that event clears.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: