cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL in Cisco Router

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I want to configre my 2821 router for scripting, so that when ever interface increases certain threshold, i will get a email about notification.

I put the wan_load_alarm.tcl in flash and configure the mail server etc according to the cisco doc, but when i try to associate TCL script with policy i got the following error

event manager policy wan_load_alarm.tcl

Register event failed:can't read "wan_load_interval": no such variable

while executing

"::cisco::eem::event_register_timer watchdog name wan_load_timer time $wan_load_interval queue_priority low nice 1

"

Tcl policy execute failed: can't read "wan_load_interval": no such variable

Embedded Event Manager configuration: failed to retrieve intermediate registration result for policy wan_load_alarm.tcl: Unknown error 0

event manager environment _email_server 172.28.32.23

event manager environment _email_from wasim.hassan@acb.gc

event manager environment _email_to wasim.hassan@acb.gc

Kindly help me how to configure it.

2 Replies 2

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI Wasiim, [Pls Rate if Helps]

Refer Link below for CISCO - EEM Scripting Community:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/EEM?page=main

Here you have many archives of CISCO EEM readily available scripts and others. Also attached the (.mht) pages having the NetPro discussion regarding EEM.

Open the Attachment with Internet Explorer.

Hope I am Informative.

Pls Rate if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're missing a required environment variable, wan_load_interval. It appears this variable defines a time period in seconds used to poll the wan utilization. Try adding:

event manager environment wan_load_interval 60

(Set the interval to 60 seconds).

Other variables may also need to be set, but I wouldn't know without seeing the script.

Note: for the future, the Network Management forum is a great place to get EEM and tclsh help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card