cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No logout feature for Extension Mobiliy on phones?

mrguitar
Level 4
Level 4

I remember this was an issue with UCM v6.0, but I upgraded to v6.1 and I recall the issue going away. Now, I just noticed that I cannot logout of the phone from the phone itself. I need to do so only from the Admin Console. Is this a glitch, or am I remembering things differently?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ed

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

is the user device profile subscribed to EM??

usually that happens when you do not subscribe the profile as mentioned in the EM configuration guide

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

vpreenja
Level 1
Level 1

You must have not subscribed EM service to user device profile. Once you are logged in to the user , now that user device profile will decide the services for which that user is entitled to.

Pls subscribe and let me know if the issue still persists.

Guys,

No, I have subscribed the service to the phones. Otherwise, there is no login option initially anyway.

After being logged in, there are no available services, only the "to set up speed dials and other services for your phone..." message.

Any ideas?

Only time I've ever seen that happen is if the EM profile was already logged in, then subscribed it to the EM service. In order for that subscription to take effect, you'll have to force an admin logout. After it logs back in, the service should show up.

Nope. No dice. I admin logged out, unsubscribed, resubscribed, logged in, and it's not there again, while resetting a couple times in between.

Any other ideas?

i think you're not getting what we're saying, you only said:

No, I have subscribed the service to the phones.

SUBSCRIBING THE PHONES IS NOT THE SAME AS SUBSCRIBING THE USER DEVICE PROFILE

Indeed you need to subscribe the phones, TO LOG IN.

but once you're LOGGED IN, you are using the USER DEVICE PROFILE and if the USER DEVICE PROFILE is not SUBSCRIBED TO EM you do not get the LOG OUT and instead the "To set up SD go to"

Check the USER DEVICE PROFILE to be SUBSCRIBED to EM

BTW this would be an issue on ANY CUCM version as the configuration is not complete

javalenc

HTH

java

Ah, I get it now. Sorry for the confusion. I actually was never told to do that by the last TAC engineer, and the documentation is terrible regarding EM, so it was never done.

The bug I was speaking of in v6.0 is that the initial EM login did not work correctly.

Looks like it's working now.

Thanks,

Ed

no problem, glad to help, the bug you're talking about is probably this one:

CSCsj79645

Phone display 'XML Error[4]: Parse Error' when using EM login/logout

1st Found-In

6.1(0.9901.336)

Fixed-In

6.1(0.9901.337)

6.0(1.2106.1)

6.1(1.1000.11)

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: