cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5.0 Desktop agent auto update registry flags

pcampise
Level 1
Level 1

We have a need to turn off the automatic update ability for UCCX 5.0 desktop agent. As we operate in a restricted environment and desktops do not have elevated privileges. Any idea what flags / registry attributes etc we can turn off to stop the automatic update ?

Thx

5 Replies 5

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

You must be running the CAD Configuration Setup tool on the PC where the CAD services are hosted in order to view this window to enable or disable updates.

The CAD Configuration Setup tool is used to enter the service setup information needed for a successful CAD installation.

You can launch CAD Configuration Setup either of two ways:

â–  From within Cisco Desktop Administrator

■ By double-clicking PostInstall.exe, located in the …\Program

Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin folder on any machine where a CAD application has

been installed

In one of the configuration tabs you will be able to set those updates to be manual.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo,

I'm running UCCx 7.0 build 6.6.1

I don't have any of the above options to turn off the update from the PC running CAD. (I can run the post install).

My current workaround is to rename:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\CAD\bin\update.exe to update.old

This is not what I want to do.

Any advise appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

You can turn off the client checking for updates by a change on the server. See picture.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

That makes sense. I don't have that radio button on my setup??? See attachments.

Hi Geoff,

As far as I know this works only for the UCCE deployments.

In UCCX there is no way to disable the automatic update feature.

We are using UCCX 8 and I'm also looking again for this, but as far as I can see the fearure is still missing in UCCX 8.

kin dregards

Markus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: