Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/Unity Shared Extension w/ Voicemail Question

mrguitar
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

If I have an DN that is shared by all phones, and after ringing about 7 times forward to VM, what is the preferred method for forwarding that voicemail to all parties, as well?

Obviously, I want the VM greeting to be a community one, too.

Please let me know your thoughts. If you have multiple options, I would prefer to hear advantages/disadvantages of each.

Thanks in advance!

Ed

2 Replies 2

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

There are two ways.

1.Create a public distribution list and then add all 7 users to it.This will mean that all users will get a copy.

2.You could create one special mailbox for this and then use message notification to smtp a message to a group of users.Then the users would then either access the mailbox via the phone or you could give additional access to the inbox for the users if you are using UM.

cheers

mark

vpreenja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please clear my doubt as I am not able to understand by what do you mean by the statement

"forwarding that voicemail to all parties".

Do you mean forwarding that voicemail to other shared line extentions or you mean to forward that voicemail to other subscribers of unity.

If you want to forward to other shared extentions then its already there in their mailbox because they have a common mailbox with same extension in unity.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: