Helpful
Replies

COR Question

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Hi everyone,

just a question about COR and CME.

this is a test lab and im trying to have one phone make local calls only and the other have full access using COR.

this is my config

dial-peer cor custom

name Unrestricted

name Local

!

!

dial-peer cor list Unrestricted

member Unrestricted

member Local

!

dial-peer cor list Local

member Local

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 2...

session target ipv4:____

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

corlist outgoing Local

destination-pattern 66.....

port 1/0/0

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

corlist outgoing Unrestricted

destination-pattern 80801..........

port 1/0/0

forward-digits 7

Now if i set each phone in their respective COR it works. However, id like to have Unrestircted call local as well but that is not working.

im assuming with the configuration i have above, Unrestricted should be able match all DPs and local only DP 2.

ive also configured the following

ephone-dn 3

number 2002

corlist incoming Unrestricted

hold-alert 30 originator

ephone-dn 4

number 2003

corlist incoming Local

hold-alert 30 originator

thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

ok figured it out.

could you post your solution?

greets norbert

See if this explains it

----------------------------------------------------CUSTOM DIAL PEER---------------------------------

dial-peer cor custom (We create the names here)

Name Unrestricted

Name Local

Name Cellular_Only

Name Local_Only

---------------------------------------------------CLASS OF RESTRICTION LISTS-------------------------

dial-peer cor list Unrestricted

member Unrestricted

dial-peer cor list Local

Member Local

dial-peer cor list Cellular-Only

Member Cellular_Only

dial-peer cor list Local-Only

member Local_Only

---------------------------------------------------ASSIGNED USER LIST (This is what we assign for the user)----------------------------------

dial-peer cor list International

member Unrestricted

member Local

member Cellular_Only

member Local_Only

dial-peer cor list National

member Local

member Cellular_Only

member Local_Only

dial-peer cor list LandLineOnly

member Local_Only

dial-peer cor list Cellular_Only

member Cellular_Only

Hope this helps

Hi Gooding,

I do understand that COR works like Partitions and CORlist like a CSS in CCM.

But in CCM we have Route Patterns assigned under Partitions, so when we apply the CSS, it works by seeing the Route Patterns.

But as we go to CUCME we don't have Route Patterns but destination pattern under dial-peer. And under ephone-dn we have the number assigned to it.

My query is that when one particular DN makes an outgoing call, the call checks the CORlist (CSS) and the CORlist goes to the COR (Partition),where only name is specified. How this will then restrict the Outgoing call?

Let me know if I sound stupid, Would deeply appreciate if some one clears this doubt

Thanks in Advance

Hi Ashish,

COR is often described as a lock and key mechanism. Locks are assigned to dial peers with an outgoing COR list. Keys are assigned to DNs with an incoming COR list.

So, if the member listed in the corlist outgoing of a dial-peer is not listed in the corlist incoming of a DN, then the call will be rejected. That means, that the DN doesn't have a key to open the lock configured to the dial-peer.

Remember that if a DN have no corlist incoming, then that DN will reach every dial-peer (regardless of its corlist outgoing configured). If a dial-peer have no corlist outgoing, it can be reached by any DN (regardless of its corlist incoming configured).

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: