cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fibre Connectivity Between Cisco 3750 & HP Procurve 5308xl

dasgill
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of upgrading Avaya/Cajun P334T Edge switches with Cisco 3750 switches. The Core switch is an HP Procurve 5308Xl switch with fibre connectivity between the core and edge switches. The network is flat with all ports in the default VLAN, with no trunking, or spanning tree configured.

I am get no connectivity across the fibre backbone when the Avaya/cajun swithes are replaced with the Cisco 3750 switch. Both edge and core switches have LC mini gigabit ethernet fibre modules.

Any ideas

Regards

1 Reply 1

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

You have to remove the fiber from Catalyst and connected to another HP switch and the link light on the new HP switch came on thus proving that both HP switches and the fiber in between will work.

You need to use the Cisco 1000base-ZX GBIC module in the Cisco but I cannot confirm if this is compatible with the 1000base-LH standard used by HP.Please send the following information from the switch;

-show version

-show module

-show interfaces

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card