cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless design for lwapp in warehouse

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, Im planning on putting wireless in my warehouse over the next month, we have had a survey and we need 11 ap's and a controller, my question is, should we have a backup controller as the wireless is critical to the business here ? i was told to use 1240 access points and a 4402 controller, what do you guys think ?

3 Replies 3

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, a backup controller would be beneficial for a mission critical wireless deployment. a 4402 will work fine for 11 APs. personally, I would add a few more and either keep them in monitor mode or lop off some of the basic-rate levels in 802.11 (think more, smaller cells vs fewer, larger ones).

The 1240s are nice, but they will not do 802.11n (pre-draft)

The 1240's with two 4402-25... one for backup should be fine. How high up are the antennas going to be placed?

If you do decide to look into the 1250. You will need three antennas instead of two. Also you will probably have Rf scanners, which I don't think support MIMO or 'N'.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ahmedalshami
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

Can you tell me the length and width for this warehouse, please? And if you use dipole antennas you will have a lot of interference problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: