Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP headers and redirect

We would like to use our CSS to do redirects for us. We have say 10 domains pointing to a single VIP, and we want to create a L5 content rule to match all 10 DNS names. The CSS seems to want to match ALL the "host contain" rules under the header field group, instead of "ANY".

Is there a way to solve this without creating a separate L5 rules for each hostname?

2 Replies 2

I think I've determined that separate content rules will be required.

Since we will potentially have hundreds of these, what is the maximum configuration size on a CSS11501? Our current configuration is already > 10000 lines.

I have seen configs as large as 12000 lines that have no issues.If you ask cisco they say the configs should'nt exceed 8000 lines.

Large configuration files definitely slows down the CSS boot time and will introduce latency in show commands responses.

Performance issues only kick in if you hit working limits (concurrent connections, connection setup rate etc..).

Hope it helps

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Syed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: