cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Feature Control Sets - Not being enforced

andrewdhall
Level 1
Level 1

There seems to be very limited documentation on feature control sets but I have implemented it as described in the configuration guide. However, the restrictions that I have put in place for certain users are simply not being 'picked up'. These users have access to all ICM configuration tools regardless of what is checked in the feature control set.

The users sit in domain users.xxx.com and the IPCC environment is in ipcc.xxx.com, there is a two way transitive trust between the domains. Each user has to be granted “log on locally” to the servers running the AW so they can access Configuration Manager.

Can anyone confirm whether a user given configuration permissions using Domain Manager can then be assigned a Feature Control Set or should they be added using the ICM User List tool and assigned a control set from there?

5 Replies 5

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Andrew,

you would need to use the ICM User List tool.

What is your ICM/IPCC Release?

Regards,

Riccardo

Riccardo,

The ICM version is 7.1(5).

I'm aware that you have to use the User List tool to apply the Feature Control set but need clarification as to whether you have to use it to initially create/add the user rather than use the Domain Manager and then apply the Feature Control.

What is the minimum set of permissions required to run Configuration Manager? It seems that the users I have applied Feature Control sets to are somehow overriding them with privileges set elsewhere.

Hi Andrew,

I am afraid to run Configuration Manager you need the modify right, hence defeating the logic of feature control.

I suspect this doc answers most of your questions on how to use this option:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a0080419877.shtml

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Riccardo

I know this is a late post but, is there a way of getting the document you are talking about. For some reason I cannot have access to it?

Thanks

The document came right up without problems, here's the link to the pdf: http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/paws/64071/icmisedit.pdf

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: