cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory collection problem

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I have just noticed that inventory collection is failing for several of my devices, devices ranges from cisco 4948 to 4006 and 2948. I have tried delete one cisco 4006 and added back in it and it never collected inventory on it.

RMECSTMServer and ICServer are runnig. When I look at the daemons.log it says "Connection terminated abnormally" I have attached the daemons.log output, please advise

I'm running LMS2.6 with RME 3.0.5 on Solaris 9

10 Replies 10

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the inventory error you are seeing? Anything in the IC_Server.log for the problem devices?

I tried to manually collect inventory for two devices;

Cisco 4948 and I got the following error

RICS0001:Internal Error,unable to process the collected data from the device.

Cisco 4006 and I got the following error:Device Collection Failed.

Job details shows below:

Duration: 24.327 seconds

Average Scan Time: 24.327 seconds/device

Job Result Description: At least one of the devices that you submitted for inventory collection has failed

When I look at the IC_Server.log I see the following:

Primary key for table 'PhysicalAssetData' is not unique

I have attached current output from IC_Server.log

Thanks.

Due to the number of different devices this looks to be CSCse52700, which is fixed in RME 4.0.6

Thanks, Dave

I assume it is a free upgrade

Yes, you can download 4.0.6 from CCO as long as you have access to software downloads

I am getting a similar error in 3.0.1.

my version of RME is 4.1.1

I have attached IC_Server.log

I see the same error also on 4.1.1. 18 of my 250ish devices will not collect...

No ideas here :(

Well I just deledted the device entirely and put it back in and it fixed it...

I saw the error "ASA Error -193: Primary key for table 'PhysicalPort' is not unique"

in the ics_server.log.

This problem is most likely due to one of bugs CSCso54489 or CSCsm97530. Both are fix in LMS 3.1, and patches are available from TAC for RME 4.0.6 and 4.1.1.

Ok Thanks... I saw 3.1 was available but didnt find it quickly so I will upgrade from 3.0.1 asap.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco