Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI on 7912 phones

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We use CCM 6.0.1 and UC 2.0.1

I recently changed the DN's for the IP Phones in CCM. Two of the 7912's we have in CCM do not light the handset when a message is left. Since I did not make any changes to the devices other than changing the DN what might cause this. I did reset the Device. Do I need to Reset the DN as well?

12 Replies 12

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you change the parition associated with the DNs? Can you dial the MWI on/off numbers from the phone and turn the light on/off?

Brandon

The partition has not changed.

Can you dial the MWI on/off numbers from the phone and turn the light on/off?

How do you do dial the MWI on/off numbers from the phone so I can verify?

Find your MWI on/off numbers either in UC or CUCM and dial them from the phone. Dialing the on number should turn the light on. Dialing the off number should turn the light off.

Brandon

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

You said you changed the DNs in call manager, but did you look at UC and change the DNs there? When a message is being left for the old DN how do the new ones know to turn on MWI?

Yes I changed the numbers in UC as well since I had to Synch the users so they would nor lose their greetings.

I did the same procedure to alot of other users and have not had a problem with their phones.

Have you taken brandon's suggestion and dial the MWI ON/OFF DNs?

How do you dial the MWI ON/OFF DN's ?

All I did just now was go into UC and go to Telephony Integrations - Phone System-Click the Run Button for Synchronize All MWIs on This Phone System.

I have never used a key stroke on a phone to turn the MWI on or off. What would that be please?

You can just dial the MWI on/off numbers like calling any other DN.

Brandon

Look at your VM configurations in call manager and look for MWI on/off. Then dial the extenstions associated with the on/off for MWI.

3333 is MWI/On

3334 is MWI/Off

I had the user dial 3333 and when I left a message the light did not come on.

You should not have to leave a message. The light should come on immediately after dialing 3333. So, this was working previously for this phone? No change in partition or calling search space?

Brandon

Yes it was working prior to changing the DN in CCM. Do I need to delete the user in Unity Connection or in Call Manager or both and add them back?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: