Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfering call from unity out to PSTN network

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

I have an easy to fix problem but I don't seem to have the answer and need your help.

I am out of the office and need to transfer all incoming calls to my cell phone. I dial into the unity from outside and press * to go into my own mailbox. The unity greeing starts playing. It asks me to press 4 for the set of options. In the set of options the system invites me to press:

1 --> for greeting

2 --> For Message setting

3 --> for personal setting

4 --> For transfer setting

I choose 4 to transfer calls to my cell phone. The system confirms that all incoming calls will be transfered to my cell number and when I go to the transfer call page of my mailbox using WEB/SA page I see that my cell phone number is in the "Yes ring subscriber at this number" but the strange part is that all incoming calls to my extension (8916) rings 4 times and goes directly to the voicemail without being transfered to my cell phone. I am not even able to transfer calls to an internal extension. The CSS of the Voice ports contain the partition of the phones. I also have the 9??????????* routing rule in the restriction table to send the calls out of the PSTN network. I am using unity 4.2 and CCM 5.1

Thank you for taking the time and helping me,

8 Replies 8

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The Unity transfer settings are not used when the call rolls to voicemail after Ring No Answer. Only if the call comes through Unity, such as via the Opening greeting or another call handler (auto attendant) for example, is the subscriber's transfer setting used.

Ginger

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can configure in your Alternate Contact number on the subscriber "caller input" menu. The Alternate Contact number goes like this:

Hi, you have reached mightyking, Im out of the office today, if you need immediate assistance, please press 4 to be connect to me, or leave a message after the tone.

By configuring option 4 in the caller input to the Alternate Number, the call can then press 4, your cell number is configured into this option. 91xxxxxxxxxx Unity needs to be able to dial this also, (check your restrictions table)

hope this helps

That's very good Tommer and deserves 3 points but the issue is that we want to use the call transfer through unity for everybody but it's not gonna be possible because not everybody has access to the SA page to conifgure the Caller Input. And honestly, I thing the call transfer option is realy useless if users can't transfer the calls to where they are.

Thanks,

Ahh .. ready for this one? If you go in and bulk edit all subscribers for "Alternate Contact Number" They can program this in themselves! It's a new feature in 4.2.

Bulk edit all subscribers.

Caller Input

Pick a number. It will be the same for all subscribers. (like my example, I used "4")

Set it to Alternate Contact number.

Done.

Send out instructions with an example. (like mine) When they log into the TUI interface, you can configure your personal options and Alternate contact number will be an option.

No Admin or SA programming needed!

wheeeeeeeeeeee!

This is what we need to work around the problem but under Call input tab in the bulk edit I don't see any Alternat Contact number field. I am using unity 4.2(1)

Thanks,

Thats odd. I looked on my 4.2.1 in caller input, I selected tab "4" (as option 4)

In the "take Action" radio button, drop it down and it's the last option you can select.

it worked for me too

Nice, I found it

Thanks again,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: