cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HOSTFLAPPING

zafarfor69
Level 1
Level 1

hi i am receiving the mentioned below error on my distribution switches which are connected to each other via fiber and bundled with etherchannel (Po1) the mac address are access switches

spanning tree working fine and everything is fine as yet but these error occurance is annoying please let me know the solution

3/29/2008 12:45 10.1.4.202 Warning 1239: 1d18h: %C4K_EBM-4-HOSTFLAPPING: Host 00:1A:70:27:5E:0C in vlan 1 is flapping between port Po1 and port Gi2/6

3/31/2008 19:40 10.1.4.202 Warning 171: 04:00:59: %C4K_EBM-4-HOSTFLAPPING: Host 00:1A:70:27:6A:F6 in vlan 1 is flapping between port Po1 and port Gi2/5

6 Replies 6

Hi zafar,

To make sure that the Po1(etherchannel)and ports(etherchannel) of the connected switch are correctly configured.

Is there any servers/pcs configured by using lancard-teaming features?

Cheers

Thot

Hi Thot,

Po1 (Etherchannel) between two of our Dist./Core is working fine (using LACP)with other switches these are the MAC address of two (Linksys SRW2048)switches which are causing these errors

I have'nt configured any server with the teaming feature, these error does'nt appear when i shutdown the backup interface of the Access switches.

shiva_ial
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

try to figure out and wireless devices

you are connecting with which may also

one source of the mentioned probelm

Hi Shiva,

I have already isolated the Wireless devices from these two switches, wireless devices are connected to other switches which are working fine.

you are using VLAN 1 for any data traffic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card