Views
Helpful
Replies

3640 Router - sh isdn

sdawson35
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a 3640 with an E1 Pri in slot 0 and a dual fast ethernet in slot 1, running 12.2.23.

The problem is that there is no "sh isdn" or "debug q931" .

We have the controller configured, the serial interface configured and cannot see what we are doing wrong.

Anybody have any idea's ?

Scott

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Show ver and show diag please ?

Hi

Sh ver & Sh diag attached.

Scott

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Scott

The first possibility that I would consider is that the router is not properly recognizing the card. Perhaps you could post the output of show version and perhaps of show diag and this might verify what the router thinks it has got.

Secondly is the possibility of some configuration issue. Perhaps you can also post the configuration of the router?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi

Sh run (with the company specifc stuff left out)

Scott

Thanks for posting the additional information that we requested. I had hoped that it would clearly identify what card this was. But the closest I get is the identification of FRU Part Number WIC/VIC-E1=. And that does not tell me precisely what card it is. I am assuming that you have a E1 Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN card.

In controller configuration mode is there an option to configure pri-group instead of configuring channel-group?

Also can you tell us any more specifically what card this is?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Can do but wont be until tomorrow now .

Hi, you can't do isdn pri with that hardware. You need an nm-1ce1t1 that will allow you to configure pri-group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco