cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID to External with CallManager 4.1

buckeye58
Level 1
Level 1

When all ip phones at a location call out the caller ID shown to external phones called is the locations operator phone number. I have one person who would like Caller ID to show external phones called their phone number. How is this done without effecting the other phones?

8 Replies 8

On the DN configuration page, you can change the external calling party mask to reflect the actual DID that is making the call. If that alone doesnt do the trick, you may have to check the box on the route pattern to use the calling party's external mask, and you may also have to do so on the gateway itself.

If I make the changes suggested doesnt that effect all phone using that route pattern or gateway? I only have one phone that I want to show its actual CallerID.

Yes it will, but if the rest of the phones using that route pattern or gateway do not have an external calling party mask, then it won't be an issue, the other numbers will still broadcast the main number if that is the desired behavior.

Still having trouble. I allready had the route plan box "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" box checked. I changed the calling line id presentation to allowed but still no luck. I see no checkbox in the gateway settings to use the calling partys external mask.

Sorry..you are right..there is no such box on the gateway page. A couple of more things...is this DID hitting a translation pattern, because if so, the box needs to be checked there (on the translation pattern) as well...lastly, you may want to check with your service provider to make sure that your PRI is setup to send outbound caller id for individual DID's, or if its just set up to send the main number for outbound calls. Also, I'm assuming that this is an MGCP gateway.

No translation pattern. This is an h323 gateway

Ahhhh...well in that case, you can make a translation on the gateway and apply it to the voice port.

example:

router#conf t

router(config)#voice-translation-rule 1

router(cfg-translation-rule)#rule 1 /xxxx/ /xxxxxxxxxx/

router(cfg-translation-rule)#exit

router(config)#voice translation-profile OUT

router(cfg-translation-profile)#translate calling 1

router(cfg-translation-profile)#exit

router(config)#voice-port x/x/x:23

router(config-voiceport)#translation-profile outgoing OUT

router(config-voiceport)#end

hope that helps.

By the way, the xxxx is your 4 digit ext making the call, and the xxxxxxxxxx is the number you would like sent out on caller id

thanks for the suggestion I'll give that a try and let you know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: