cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Specific gateway when calling from a DN?

mrguitar
Level 4
Level 4

May be a noob question...

If a particular DN is assigned to a phone button, is there a way to make it such that any outbound calls from that DN go to a particular gateway?

Thanks,

Ed

6 Replies 6

Yes. Make a route pattern and point to desired exiting gateway. Put route pattern in a partition. Put DN in the partition that you just created. When a call is made from the DN in question, it will go out of the gateway that you pointed the route pattern to. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the info!

If the route pattern is already being used by a non-partition user, do I have to create a new, identical one, or can everyone continue to use the route pattern if I place it into a route partition?

If you place said route pattern into a partition, only the DN's in that partition will be able to use that route pattern. Therefore I would personally make an identical route pattern and put it in a partition.

Great, thanks!

Will this new partition affect incoming calls at all, as well?

Thanks,

Ed

Just make sure that this partition is in the Calling Search Space of your gateway and you should be fine.

i strongly suggest you to read this:

Call Routing in Cisco Unified CallManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42dialpl.html#wp1043613

it explains how the routing works and will probably help you understand this

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: