cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voip calls terminating on Telco lines,

winston123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys any ideas what may be causing the following issues..

The call rings my phone, but after 2 rings it cuts off.

call path:a dialer originate the all:

dailer--->cisco2811--->FW--->internet-->voip gateway in UK--->telco in UK--->underlying carrier--->telco in US--->my phone (either desk or cell phone)

it appears that the UK gateway is sending user info/protocol that the US telco may not reconignized. I am using codec:g711ualaw, we also tried g729..

PS:local calls to UK work fine, it is just the US calls that do not work...

any ideas?

TX

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

His, this seems to be CSCsi94745, there are workarounds, however best solution is to upgrade to e.g. 12.4(11)XJ4, that also will give you the iLBC coded that is great for low bit rate over the internet.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the voice gateway, take "debug isdn q931".

Here some debug, I hope this will help determing what may be wrong.....

Psl see attachment

This is a more explicit q931 debug..

His, this seems to be CSCsi94745, there are workarounds, however best solution is to upgrade to e.g. 12.4(11)XJ4, that also will give you the iLBC coded that is great for low bit rate over the internet.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks a lot, I will consider that, but you gave me a very good hint also, since I have my isdn switch type as:isdn switch-type primary-dms100, I changed it to :isdn switch-type primary-ni and it seems to be working fine so far, I have not gotten that same error yet, I will let it sit there for the rest of the day, I will definitely get it upgraded...I will let your know.

Any workarounds that you may think of in the meantime.

thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: