cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 Broadcast Messages and Public Distributions

ghorna229
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new Unity system. Before sending out a Broadcast message to the whole world, we would like to send one to a limited list so our administrators can understand how this works.

We understand that the MWI will not come on and like the feature of forcing a user to listen first.

The problem is that when try to send to a Publice Distribution list, it is not sent as a broadcast, but rather as a message which lights the lights and allows for notification, but also does not force the user to listen. This is different than the action I thought which is that I would limit the broadcast to the distribution list.

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gerald,

If you have a maintenance window when few users are on site you could send out the "test" Broadcast and then after seeing how it works use the Delete Broadcast Message feature before all users have to listen to it.

Unity Broadcast Message Manager

Sending a New Broadcast Message

From this link;

http://ciscounitytools.com/App_BroadcastMessageManager.htm

Just a thought,

Rob

Rob,

Thank you for the suggestion. I am just confused as to why I am given the option in broadcast manager to use a DL when it is not going to be a pointed Broadcast. It defeats the purpose in my opinion. What if I needed to send a broadcast that should not be skipped to a building that the others do not need to hear.

Just my thoughts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: