cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Guest Accounts after WCS upgrade to 5.0.56.0

shawnmuncy
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading my WCS to 5.0.56.0 and 4402 wireless controller to 5.0.148.0 I have noticed that the Guest user accounts can only have a maximum validity period of 30 days. If I add more than this in the WCS or choose unlimited I receive errors. In looking on the 4402 I noticed that if I change the time there past 30 days (in seconds) I actually get a popup notice that states the limit is 30 days.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Unlimited Guest accounts worked before this upgrade!

5 Replies 5

The controller has a limit on the number of days a guest account can be active. This is 30 days and hence WCS cannot add an account with a valid period larger than this.

To create a permanent account, set the "Life Time" field to Unlimited in WCS. Refer the document listed below.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/5.0/configuration/guide/wcstemp.html#wp1067789

Thanks for the quick response.

When I choose an unlimited life time for a guest account in the WCS I get the following error in a popup window:

Error(s):You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Error:COMMON-1: Some unexpected internal error has occured. If the problem percists please report to the Tech Support.

Error:Detail: Could not execute JDBC batch update

Thanks for the help!

Could you please refresh the config from the controller. If the issue still persists, please attach a screenshot of the guest user creation page, so I can try to recreate this.

shawnmuncy
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is the JAVA throw for the ERROR.

Thanks again.

Hey I was wondering if you fixed this issue. I'm having the same problem?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card