cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Channel width setting on a 4404 with a 1250 Access Point

SHANNON WYATT
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working with my first 1250 access point attached to a WLAN controller. I wanted to change the channel width for the A radio, but if I choose anything besides 20MHz I get the error "Slot is not disabled or customized is not enabled". I've not found anything about enabling N support, other then the high throughput setting that are enabled by default. I've dug throught the gui and command line and can't find anything else related to 802.11n.

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have to set the channel first then change the channel width. You might have to set the power also... but i don't think so.

If you want to set above 40MHz use these channels: 36,44,52,60,100,108,116,132,149.157

If you want to set below 40MHz use these channels: 40,48,56,64,104,112,136,153,161

Hope this helps.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

That worked (you do have to set the power as well). I guess that auto-rf won't work with 11N.

I set it to 1.... but it depends on your environment. If you are replacing older ap's with the 1252, you can keep the TX power the same. If you were using Auot RF then give that a shot and see if it works for you. Might be better to set the PX though.

-Scott

I did as well. Since this is 11a it should be fine. This isn't that dense of an 802.11a environment.

Hope it works out for you... now finding a card that works okay is your next step:)

-Scott

We are testing with some generic stuff (Linksys, etc) right now, and hope to get a laptop with the Intel Pre-N card in soon for a larger test.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card