Views
Helpful
Replies

Connectivity issues to 3 1240AG APs

qamar.sheikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed 3 1240Ag Access points in a warehouse but I have issues when connecting to any - they keep dropping connection- I have left them set to default except changing ips, adding SSIDs, no security settings.

Any help would be appreciated

Qamar

12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What signal are you getting where you loose connection. How high up are the antennas and how long can you be associated to an AP?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

the anntenas are 5m metres high and I can only associate with the Access Points for a few minutes

Well that isn't too high. What is your signal strength. Did you set the cahnnels on the ap to 1,6,11?

-Scott

I left most settings to default-I though I'd get them working first before I fine tuned them. Although I am not onsite I can change the settings and get someone to report back later

You have 3 ap's so set one on channel 1, the 2nd on channel 6 and the 3rd on channel 11 and see if that helps.

-Scott

Doing that seems to have enable 2 aps to work, thank you, 3rd one doesnt (even the SSID is showing erraticly) but will still try other channels

Maybe there is interference in that area where the 3rd ap is.... Change AP 1 to channel 11 and AP 3 to channel 1 and see if that works... If you still have issues with ap 3, verify that the antennas are in to correct ports and that they are tight.

-Scott

I havent fixed any anntennas, what would be thhe quickest with the best all round coverage, would the 2.2 db gain @2.4 ghz suffice?

That would be fine... depending if the ap is exposed or above the ceiling would determine if you use dipole antennas or not. There are also cieling mount antennas if you have the ap above the ceiling tile.

-Scott

yes the ap is exposed attached to 3" steel girders

also would 2 anntane suffice per unit or would I need the full 4?

2 antenna's are fine. Just make sure that if you want to use 2 antennas that diversity is enabled and that you get the right antenna and attach them to the correct port. You can't mix 2.4ghz and 5ghz antennas unless they are dual or tri mode antennas.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: