Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys WCG200 wireless router

catchrcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I posted this query in a different forum and then discovered this forum on small businesses. This is likely a more appropriate forum for this question. Sorry for the duplicate posting.

I am trying to install a Linksys WCG200 wireless router in my SOHO office with five employees. How do I configure it so that people in the neighboring office don't get access to any data moving on this network? Thanks in advance for any help that someone can provide.

Cheers!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Rick,

I hope you can get to this link, if you get to this pdf look in Apendix B (Wireless Security), this is a step by step to secure your wireless network.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-Type&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=application%2Fpdf&blobheadervalue2=inline%3B+filename%3DWCG200v2_ug.pdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhe...

Let me know if you need help but should be stright forware, just follow the instructions.

HTH

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Rick,

I hope you can get to this link, if you get to this pdf look in Apendix B (Wireless Security), this is a step by step to secure your wireless network.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-Type&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=application%2Fpdf&blobheadervalue2=inline%3B+filename%3DWCG200v2_ug.pdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhe...

Let me know if you need help but should be stright forware, just follow the instructions.

HTH

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks, Jorge. I appreciate your response. I was able to get to this link and am now reading Appendix B.

regards,

Rick

Jorge,

Also, I was looking for an option to rate your response (5 stars of course :-) ) but couldn't find an obvious way to do this. I am new to NetPro and assumed that they would have some way to rate responses.

Rick

Rick, thank you.. if you look at the bottom right corner message window on any of my responses of this thread there is a text that saids Rate this Post, if you click it will show the rating scales.

Im glad the document was helpful and again if there is questions don't hesitate to ask.

Bst Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Ah! Since the URL that you had pasted was lengthy,it pushed the rating box to the right and out of view of the screen. I found it now and have rated your response. Thanks!

Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: