Views
Helpful
Replies

destination-pattern expressions

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

guys,

i want to create a destination-pattern based on the following.

PSTN call can only be made by dialing 6 and the number ranges 70, 81, 96 XXXX

so basically, i should only be able to dial 670XXXX or 681XXXX or 696XXXX and nothing else. i have the COR working for all dial-peers but am having a little trouble matching this one.

i was trying this 6[70,81,96].... but thats not working

can anyone assist?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when you configure something in brackets it means one of those, not as expressions or whole numbers.

that expression would be 6 + 7 or 0 or 8 or 1 or 9 or 6 + 4 digits

the best way to do this would be to create 3 dial peers with the patterns you wrote on the question

destination-pattern

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_d1_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1459870

-> Brackets ( [ ] ), which indicate a range

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks,

the simplest way is to configure 3 dial-peers, but i have 16 trunk lines that ill need to apply this to. also, there are other patterns for different types of PSTN calls so creating three DP's for each will entail 48 peers plus the others.

is this the only way to do this?

thanks

any other ideas ?

my concern was the amount of dial-peers so i just put the ports in a trunk group to eliminate that issue, actually that completely slipped my mind :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: