cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility caller ID question

kdamisch
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting ready to deploy CUCM 6.1 for a customer and will be using the mobility feature so they can have their desk phone and cell phone ring simultaneously.

The customer's question is this:

User IP Phone DN - 1000

User Cell phone - (319) 555-2222

User Ext Mask - (319) 555-1000

PSTN inbound call - (319) 555-3333

An inbound call from (319) 555-3333 comes into DN 1000 which rings the IP phone and the cell phone. The user looks at his cell phone. Which caller ID will show up? Will it be the original caller's info or will it be the external mask of the phone/gateway. They are curious as to how to know if someone is calling their cell phone directly or if it is being routed via the mobility feature of CUCM.

Thanks,

Kevin

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Kevin,

By default, the caller ID will be that of the original caller although this can be changed. We have been using Mobility Manager for some time. I find that it's more important to know who is calling than to know which number they dialed.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

B-

So if I call into Unity and it transfers to the phone which rings the cell and the ip phone---I see the extension of the vmail port on the cell? Is there a way to get the originating phone number to shoe up on the cell?

thanks in advance

can that be changed since alot of providers do not let you send caller ID that is not in your DID block. This si the problem i am running into.

Thanks

mike

You need to change a CallManager System Parameter:

-> go under Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)

-> Change - Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity = True

Tom....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: